Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:55:54 -0600
Bill, why don't you just be honest and tell the folks that this is ALL
about YOU being able to be in "the top ten" again, that's what you
posted on the RTTY forum recently:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/RTTY/2007-09/msg00263.html

Here are the key points from the above text from W6WRT:

"My skill peaked long ago and nowdays my butt is
getting whipped by the two radio guys every time."

>>You have seem to have decided that those SO2R types are
>the reason no one sees W6WRT in the 'top ten' anymore.

"That is correct, as I stated above."

There's the passion behind ALL of this and now he just cross-posted
this to the RTTY forum to AGAIN stir up everyone ... AGAIN ...

The archives of that forum are public record and Bill, W6WRT is
the moderator of that forum ...and you can read how nasty the
discussion becomes if you disagree with him.

This is so very sad as I used to consider him an excellent RTTY
op but when the his private emails became ugly and started to
contain profanity, no longer.

Now Bill is trying to use AA5AU's recent survey to represent
the "RTTY contest community in general" when no one has
bothered to consider the actual sample size/etc to the entire
RTTY population ...

This is NOT about advancing the sport, it's about some folks
wanting the bar lowered <i.e. a SO1R class>so they can "win"
again ... or place in the "top ten" one more time.

Wonder what they will want next if the top SO2R ops all decide
to operate SO1R again "to win that class" ... then what? <sigh>

73 de Billy, AA4NU