Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:53:06 -0800
Ed wrote (among other things):

> The point is IT'S THE ANTENNAS and LOCATION that make the >difference in
> many cases.  Not SO2R.

Amen and amen brother :-)

I could add another radio and be SO3R here and still be 5th from the bottom
in the contests.  Low beams and wire antennas here.

If I had stacks and big antennas, with my hardware I have now, I'm sure I'd
be WAY up in the listings.

It probably doesn't matter as much when we have lots of spots as I won the
7th call area 10 meter contest in '98 with a rotary dipole at 30 feet.
Biggest score in my contesting life.  Now with NO spots, antennas is where
it is at, not how many radios you have.  73
Tom W7WHY