Re: [CQ-Contest] Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

To: <n2ic@arrl.net>, "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...
From: "Sandy Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:09:50 -0600
I would suggest that a more likely scenario is this:

K5YYY forgoes his sleep to continue making Qs during the low-rate hours and
finds himself marginally ahead of N2XXX/5 when N2XXX/5 wakes up.

But as Sunday progresses, K5YYY's cognitive abilities continue to decline
due to sleep deprivation and instead of cruising along during the high-rate
hours like the well-rested N2XXX/5, he starts making stupid copying errors
and band change decisions.

Realizing this, he heads to the fridge and downs two quick Red Bulls, which
keep him going until about 1400 local, when he collapses dead at the radio
of a heart attack.

OK, maybe that's a bit extreme. But I'd put my money on N2XXX/5 to win this
one anyway.

End result? N2XXX/5 wins. Because of getscores?

No, because K5YYY made a stupid operating decision.