Re: [CQ-Contest] 4 Square/ Raised Radial Questions

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4 Square/ Raised Radial Questions
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:33:26 +0000
I wasn't talking about ground losses, I was considering the effect of adding
ferrites to the shield of the coax feeding the verticals.  Given that the
Feedpoint is raised, the radials are raised, and the feedline is raised, how
is the coax shield different than a radial from each Feedpoint back to the
center of the array?  What can the addition of ferrites to the 1/4 wave
lines do besides add losses to the currents that WILL be induced on the
shield of the coax as they try to flow back to the feedpoint of the
vertical.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net