Re: [CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER

To: PAUL PIERCEY <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>,Eric Hilding <b38@hilding.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:31:18 +0000
At 08:07 AM 2/17/2008 -0800, PAUL PIERCEY wrote:
>Yeah, I worked him too but figured it was 1K.
>
>I did get a '2K' from a OM station. I listened for a while and that's what
he was giving. Honesty in contesting perhaps :)

>Now I need to ask...
>
>If someone sends you 1000, can you enter KW or should you enter what you
>receive? This begs the question that if you must enter what you receive,
>then ATT, NN, NNN, K, KW, 1OO, AK, etc must be the report, n'est ce pas?

As DX, you are to send your power level... that can obviously be in any
language or format you choose. One thousand (spelled out, maybe in Spanish,
French, or Russian, or whatever): 1K: AK: 1000, etc. ad nauseum. It's up to
the receiver to "interpret" what was sent as being a power level and record
it as such. If you can't interpret as sent, it's up to YOU to ask for
clarification.

Steve, K0XP