Re: [CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DUMB CUT NUMBER
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:34:38 -0500
For that matter, and in keeping with last fall's discussion about Check in
SS, what is to stop any station from sending the most intelligible "power",
even if they aren't actually running it?  Wanna bet that a lot of the K or
KW gang were really running 800, or 900 watts?  If I were DX I would
certainly send that, or 100, instead of "075".

QRP is another interesting case.  I found that "5W" worked best for ESP QRP
stations running indoor dipoles.  I just love it when people send me "008"
under those condx.

73, Pete N4ZR