Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] DUMB CUT NUMBER

To: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [NCCC] DUMB CUT NUMBER
From: "Steve Harrisonusa" <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:44:16 -0500 (EST)
> You would think so, but when I asked for NR, I got the same thing.  I
> asked
> for p-o-w-e-r & got the same AK.  Then I got dumped, and it took several
> minutes of calling again to finally get my question answered (with a
> different cut number).

Unless he was a multiplier, I would have given up after his third AK and
simply sent NIL NIL NIL SRI  and gone away. Maybe he would have gotten the
message then, especially if I tried working him on several bands and did
the same thing.

If some transmitters are going to act stupid, I see no reason not to honor
their stupidity and treat them accordingly, especially if they're just
another minimum-point QSO for me.

But I'll admit I would have understood the AK, no sweat: it's not uncommon
in the least in some of the smaller contests with lots of European
entrants.

Steve, K0XP