Re: [CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:02:44 +0000
At 12:49 PM 2/23/2008 -0500, Shelby Summerville wrote:
>Robert Chudek  wrote: "After looking at the suggested exchanges the 5th
>time, the only thing I would change is the proper phonetic for the letter K.
>It's kilo, not kilowatt."
>
>Hmmmmmmmm...If using kilowatt, instead of kilo, is a mistake, then I make it
>constantly? I'm not sure if anyone has logged me as KW4WW, but I know that I
>have never logged anyone using kilowatt, instead of kilo, as KW?

Me, too. Technically, it should be only kilo but in reality, most of us say
kilowatt when we mean K. In fact, if YOU say "kilo watt" to me as a
phonetic for part of your callsign, I'm not going to understand you mean
"KW" instead of just K. If you really mean "KW", most folks say "kilo
whiskey" instead.

Steve, K0XP