Re: [CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:58:04 -0800
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:49:26PM -0500, Shelby Summerville wrote:

> Hmmmmmmmm...If using kilowatt, instead of kilo, is a mistake, then I make it
> constantly? I'm not sure if anyone has logged me as KW4WW, but I know that I
> have never logged anyone using kilowatt, instead of kilo, as KW?

It happened to me - more than once.

I really liked using

Kilowatt Five Texas Radio

And I was doing that - and then I got some UBN/LCR reports back that
showed the errors that others were making with my callsign.

Here is what I saw:

K5TX
KW5TR
KW5TX
KW9TR
K5TXR
K9TXR

I was surprised to have my callsign show up as broken in some of those
ways.  I would have never guessed that people would log Kilowatt as KW
for my callsign.

Since seeing that I really make an effort to say Kilo but I do not
always.  I also try to avoid Texas for the T because I will get logged
as K5TX or K5TXR.

I now never use Kilowatt and I rarely say Texas Radio.

So, yes, you will and I bet are getting logged in that way.
Some of the UBN/LCR reports show you this data but most do not.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net