Re: [CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:48:59 EST
Does nobody here understand the concept of adjusting your operating style  to
suit your audience?

If I'm at PJ2T in the midst of a big opening to the states (or EU) during
CQWW where I'm one of the few loud signals on the band, I'm going to be  very
quick and  brief.  If I'm operating the NAQP SSB early in the day  on 40
meters,
I'm going to slow down and sound like  "KB3ABC, good  afternoon, my name is
Jim... in... Ohio". Not "KB3ABC Jim Ohio"

If I'm working stateside, I'll tend to use Kilowatt Eight Mike Radio; if  I'm
working Europeans, where a "kilo" is a standard everyday quantity, I'll more
likely use "Kilo Eight Mike Radio".

Of course, it is always better to mix it up between standard phonetic
Eventually you will come out with something everyone will  understand.  This
may be
even more important when your target audience  is not a native speaker of your
language.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)