Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 07:27:14 -0700
    To me, the intent is completely irrelevant.  As long as the RF part of
the station is entirely contained within the 500 meter (or whatever) circle,
why do we care if the headphone/mic/paddle lines are 1 meter long or 1000
meters long?  I routinely travel 80-100 km from home to guest operate in
contests from other stations.  If I were to use one of those exact same
stations, but was sitting at home on a remote link, what difference would
it make?

     The problem is using remote station technology to transmit or receive
from multiple RF locations during the same contest.  But so long as you
are using one station where all the RF is in one location, I don't see
why remote operation should be disallowed.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com