Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

To: "'Michael Coslo'" <mjc5@psu.edu>, "'cq-contest reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:58:27 -0400
> Exactly what are the "unfair" advantages of a remote station? It
> seems to me that there might be some significant *disadvantages* to
> remote contest operation.

The "unfair" advantages are: 1) the ability to build antennas that
that would not be available in normal residential areas, 2) the
ability to operate from geographically advantaged locations (e.g.,
rare zone, country, section) without being a resident or travel,
3) the ability (although not legally) to use multiple receive
locations.

Equipment without an operator is not a "station."  Similarly, an
operator without equipment is not a "station"  When the rules say
that all parts of the station must be within a 500 meter circle,
that should include the operator.