Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer vs humans in KCDXC pileup competition

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer vs humans in KCDXC pileup competition
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:32:40 +0100
There seems to be a lot of space for improvement of Skimmer decoding for
single contest callers.

My 1990's research on KCDXC pile-up 3 kHz audio channel with 64 streams
brought 80% score against my 60%.
Robot was better than humans which was great cultural shock to me, CW expert
and twice EU champ since 1962.
ARRL CW Feb. 1991 was worked by robot and research completed after some 200+
good CW QSO on 5 bands.
Most memorable recorded one is KS on 80 m.  I never worked that state myself
as I don't call CQ long enough.

I remember HF hamlets amazement when PSK was introduced and inaudible
signals detected error free.

It is pity that nobody here mentiones yet another K1JT WSPR HF propagation
evaluation program.
Software would do better job than we contesters with millions of dumb 599
reports in 48 hours SO2R.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU