Re: [CQ-Contest] Expansion of Skimmer Subject

To: cq-contest reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Expansion of Skimmer Subject
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:21:43 -0400
On Mar 23, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Stan Stockton wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Everyone has an opinion.  Mine is that I would rather see
> CW Contesting stay like it is for another ten years and then
> DIE than have it change to a fully automated mode in two years
> so the only possibility of winning would be for you to
> have an automated QSO machine.

And as a person who runs a contest, I have a vested and personal
interest that CW remains around as long as possible.

What we have here is an apparent radical difference in interpretation
to boot. Some see CW skimmer as opening the floodgates to completely
automated operations, and others see it as cool technology.

If automated stations are the end result of technological advanced, I
want to see the automated rtty stations.

-73 de Mike N3LI -