Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX exchange - 4O3A decision

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX exchange - 4O3A decision
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 07:57:01 -0600
4O3A wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> After long and sometimes bothering discussion about this subject my final
> opinion and decision is :
>
> 1. 4O3A did not brake rules in any segments, at all. It is written that we
> have to exchange RS(T) plus serial number, and 4O3A did it on one simple,
> shortest way possible. It is not written you have to say - Five Nine
> clearly, or to shortcut or whatever. Having log lines with same data ( 59,
> 59 ) confirm that both station understood RS and make logging with default
> value. Everybody who did contesting clearly understand that and many
> contesters did the same. No  problem with that.

Yeah...that's just your opinion, Ranko. Let no one reading this be confused
that
what you state is a fact, endorsed by the WPX CC.

> 2. 4O3A did more fairly than most of competitors broadcasting whole contest
> in real time. It was done with goal to make contesting more open, and to
> help beginners to learn more quickly and easily

Your broadcasting has nothing to do with this. Go back and reread my original
e-mail that started this thread. You were not the only callsign mentioned in
the
e-mail. Anyone who is loud and semi-competent should expect to be scrutinized.

> But when I take the center stage in this way, I have to operate perfectly
> because will be a role model for those who are listening myself. This is
> main point.

This is the first correct and honorable statement you have made. Excellent !

73,
Steve, N2IC