Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>, "'doug smith'" <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:47:44 -0400
How about if you receive callsign and frequency information that is outside
of your receiver passband (2.4 KHz or 2.7 KHz), then it is assistance?  In
other words, if you can hear it and your "decoder" can decode it in the same
passband that you're actually listening to, then you're fine.  Using a
decoding system to decode calls 15 KHz away (e.g., skimmer) would run into
"assisted" land.

73 Rich NN3W