Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

To: "Leigh S. Jones, KR6X" <kr6x@kr6x.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:30:42 -0700
That is not an equivalence.  Such a practice would not time-shift the
function of the operator ... he/she would still have to spend time
listening to the stored output to make use of it.  With Skimmer, the
operator can be running stations (or napping) while Skimmer performs ALL
necessary receiving functions and shifts the result to a point in time
where the operator can make use of it upon demand.

Dave  AB7E