[CQ-Contest] length of Dayton flea market

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] length of Dayton flea market
From: "doug smith" <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 00:43:12 -0500
A number of people (probably most vocally myself) have been
complaining of sore feet after walking the Dayton flea market.

Wishing to quantify this, I made a rough estimate of the distance one
must walk to visit every outside space.

I paced off the width of a space.  (arrived at 8 feet, about 2.4m)
Used the map printed in the program to count the spaces.

Allowing for the aisles between the rows and allowing 8 ft. to turn
around at the end of each row, I arrive at 3.81 miles (about 6km) as
the distance of one lap of the flea market.

This does not count the walk from the bus to the lot.  Nor distance
spent backtracking to that thing you really needed that sold before
you got there, nor going to the porta-potty & back, nor hauling that
rotor or plate transformer to the UPS Store.  (or to the bus stop)

Accurate?  Who knows...

==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66