Re: [CQ-Contest] length of Dayton flea market

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] length of Dayton flea market
From: "doug smith" <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 23:52:23 -0500
On 5/19/08, Barry <w2up3@verizon.net> wrote:
> I don't mind the walking.  It's good exercise.  You, Doug, look like
> you're in decent shape, but the majority of "rotundos" certainly could
> use the walk :.)

*I* don't mind the walking either but *my feet* sure do!  (haven't
always been in this shape but I sure feel better for getting the
exercise in.  I wonder how many of the *many* customers of the scooter
rental people were in fact fully capable of walking?)

> However, it would be easier if they repaired the many
> holes in the asphalt.  On Friday, after the earlier rain, one poor
> vendor was perched on a small patch of intact pavement, but surrounded
> by water.  I thought to myself - "hmm... just like Scarborough..."

Yeah, I saw one of those too...

The broken pavement was pretty painful towards the end of the weekend.

I think the suggestion for more careful choice of shoes was a good
one.  I actually meant to do something about it before leaving, but as
too often happens time simply didn't permit.  Hopefully next year.

==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66
http://www.w9wi.com