Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer for S/O in IARU

To: "Michael Coslo" <mjc5@psu.edu>, "cq-contesting cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer for S/O in IARU
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:51:58 -0000
> From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
> To: cq-contesting cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
> Date: 6/3/2008 1:07:54 PM
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Skimmer for S/O in IARU

> Maybe computerized logging should have been banned when it became
> available? I haven't done paper logging, but I have to imagine that
> the difference between computer and paper logging has to be much
> greater than any presumed Skimmer advantage.

Sorry, Mike, but the "computerized logging is assistance" mantra is a worn
redherring.

Computer logging simply automates the record-keeping process, but does not
perform any "radioman-like" functions.

Skimmer performs "radioman-like" functions in that it autonomously gathers
information in realtime from a radio and feeds that information to the
station operator.

73, de Hans, K0HB
Just a boy and his radio