Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: "'Michael Coslo'" <mjc5@psu.edu>, "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: "Mike Fatchett W0MU" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:40:10 -0600
What happens when Skimmer is integrated into a bandscope and not called
skimmer and those "spots" are fed to the computer via the radio
directly......I guess any type of code reading should be addressed to?  Lots
of programs read code.

This is a very cool advancement.

The old guard cronyism in this hobby needs to go away and needs to embrace
things that will bring me people into our hobby and encourage hams to try
something new.

The gov't is making all of the EMS/fire/police change
systems............why.........why else....they can sell that spectrum.
When a business figures out a way to use our spectrum and make money we will
be next.

Since there is plenty of cheating already going on just simplify the rules
and have a single class for single ops.  Use whatever tools you can the best
way you can.  Just don't use other people to man your gear.