Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:58:51 -0500
>What data in a log causes any concern about anyone's privacy?

>QSO data?  Who you worked is private? Because of what?

>I'm sorry, I don't see anything possible in any log that is of any
privacy
>concern to anyone.

>This is much ado about nothing.

I agree, however, on the same token, what data in "my" log is public?
What about any notes I wrote about you? (certainly not during a
contest...LOL)

A QSO between you and I is, between you and I. If someone happened to be
listening and made an SWL log, so be it. That's "their" log.

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything in anyone's log that should be
mandatorily made public.

I agree, this is much ado about nothing...until someone sues!

David ~ KY1V