Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?
From: "Stan Stockton" <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:07:36 -0500
Have not read much of this but generally agree with W4TV and K0HB on
this subject.

I don't think LOTW will allow you to print out a chronological log for
someone else's contesting effort.

Making the logs public will just raise mostly illegitimate questions
that will have to be addressed about someone's operation. I guess I
missed out by not reading everything what the purpose would be of making
them public?

There are legal things/tricks which some stations have learned over the
years that would be to the competition's advantage if they were allowed
to view it.

Not having been active as a phone operator, I learned something I did
not know when I operated the ARRL Phone DX Contest.  Perhaps everyone
else knows that you can call CQ on about 7175 and run VK novices one
after the other like there is no tomorrow.  Perhaps that or something
like that is not common knowledge of your competition and you believe
that it is fair that they find out on their own instead of having
someone tell them about it.  Until they do, perhaps an extra hundred
contacts will make the difference in winning or not.

Stan, K5GO