Re: [CQ-Contest] Learning Morse

To: kiessig@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Learning Morse
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 19:30:06 EST
If you are learning CW for contesting, I'd suggest that first you learn
keyboarding for contesting.

Touch typing (keyboarding) is an essential skill for SSB contesting as well
(I can't comment on the need in RTTY contests).

It will likely be easier to learn keyboarding at a given speed  that it will
to learn CW at that speed, so the limit will be determined by  your CW skills.

Having learned CW from a 33 rpm LP record when I was 11 years old, I can't
really offer much advice on learning the code as an adult.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 11/9/2008 6:38:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,