Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>,<CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB And Your Callsign In The Exchange
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@hughes.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:33:56 -0500
At 03:44 AM 11/19/2008, Paul O'Kane wrote:
>My interest in SS was sparked by adding support for it in
>a contest logger.  It was my first experience of contest
>rules that required the callsign to be exchanged one extra
>time in each and every QSO.
>
>I thought this was remarkable.

Paul -

Maybe you don't remember adding support for the European Sprint.  That contest
requires the callsign to be part of the exchange, not unlike the ARRL
Sweepstakes.   Hope that will make it easier for you to add the ARRL
Sweepstakes to your list of supported contests...  Next perhaps you can add the
North American Sprint - it also requires the callsign to be repeated again as
part of the exchange.   The Asia Pacific Sprint does not require the callsign
to be repeated as part of the exchange.

          -- Tom