Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10

To: "'Chad WE9V'" <chad.we9v@gmail.com>, <KI9A@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:01:08 -0500
And we wonder why there are so few new hams?

A bunch of kids who are new hams don't care about "competing", they are more
interested in finding out how the radio works.

Get serious guys!  I have 8 new hams coming tomorrow afternoon who were
licensed last week.  We're going to concentrate on where the antenna,
microphone, and other things  go, , what the "AGC", "NB" are and what they
do , etc.  If they make a few contacts they will be thrilled!

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Trustee of W4PVC, Pine View School Amateur Radio Club
602 South Casey Key Road
Nokomis, FL 34275
(941) 485-9900

12/12/2008 6:59 PM