Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs

To: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public Logs
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 22:22:37 -0500
I do not deny that some contesters try to stretch the envelope, and that
some cheat.  This is nothing new... remind me to tell you sometime about the
first time I met a certain well known contester.

But "widespread" ???  Let's be a little more specific...
raw numbers?
percentages of logs entered?
one contest?
many contests?
club stations as a whole, or particular operators?

Let's define our terms rather than continue to throw around these
unspecified generalities.

And if these cheaters are being exposed -- as they should be! -- then how
does that correlate with a mandate to open all logs to public scrutiny?  I
still fail to see the logic in that argument.