Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking and deadlines

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking and deadlines
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 08:14:16 -0500
On Feb 3, 2009, at 2:36 PM, Pete Smith wrote:

> At 11:38 AM 2/3/2009, Tree wrote:
>> I propose that the log submission date be something that gets
>> posted along
>> with the top scores.  Again, sunshine is the best disinfectant.
>> Also, maybe
>> shorter log deadlines would help - although I hate to be punishing
>> those
>> who have legitimate reasons for submitting later.
>
> Tree, I think you're being far too lenient.  Silly me, I have always
> expected that if I don't make the deadline I'd better have a darned
> good
> reason why not, before asking for an exception.  Why shouldn't the
> major
> contest sponsors make it clear they are going to enforce their
> deadlines,
> and then do so?  Are the contest sponsors afraid of being sued?  How
> could
> they be, when the due dates are published.

I have no idea why anyone would be afraid of being sued.

Fact is, I can disqualify anyone who I don't like, or if their name is
Sam, or anyone with an AA prefix to their callsign. I can do that
ya'know. My decisions are final.

Why allow it?

It's called being friendly.

Something that is all too sadly missing in the contesting world today.

There are limits to this, but for someone who lets me know, I'll allow
a late log.

> I think that would be even better than sunshine for disinfecting this
> particular septic tank.

8^)

-73 de Mike N3LI -