Re: [CQ-Contest] Where were they?

To: "'Eric Hilding'" <b38@hilding.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where were they?
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 20:04:38 -0700
Rick,

>From the land of QRP in Colorado.

I did not work a single VE.  I heard a couple of VE3's.

I missed IA, ND, SD, NE, MA, ME, RI, VT, AL, LA, MT, NV, UT, WA, WY

I heard WY and probably WA.

Very strange conditions really.  80 was long.  I was hearing the east coast
as well as any other area.  MA?? LA?? NV????? UT???

20 was ugly from here.  40 was better but weird as we did not have a good
opening to the midwest.  I worked N4OX on 20 about 20 mins before the start
and heard him once in the noise on 20 shortly after the start.

I easily worked stations with 5 watts one the east coast on 80 that were not
strong.

I think things will be just fine for the test.

Mike

never get over." Ben Franklin