Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX OffTimes

To: "'Rex Maner'" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX OffTimes
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:43:17 -0700
> Try this on for size,
>
> I was at the radio ready to go and a wind storm took the
> power out for 35 min, when I get power back it take's another
> 10 minutes to get the radio and amp going along with the computer.
>
> Now ::  Am I operating for those 45 minutes or do I still
> have a requirement to take another 15 minutes before I can
> count the time off or start the contest if I start at 0045
> and loose those 45 minutes as time off ??
>
> Is this to be consider  OFF time ??

The same thing could happen in the middle of your operating time and, yes,
it would be subject to the 60-minute minimum off time rule.  But your
original example, where it occurs before you made your first QSO, is not
subject to the 60-minute minimum time.  You can start your operating time as
soon as you want.  It doesn't matter why you can't/don't operate, only when,
as far as the 60-minute rule is concerned.

Ed - W0YK