Re: [CQ-Contest] Ethics

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ethics
From: "David Levine" <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:08:51 -0400
Just referencing your one snippet:

And contrary to the statement made earlier by someone that this is a
0.1% problem.  It absolutely is not.  I hear dozens of out of band Qs
every contest on 40M as stations call simplex on EU stations running
split.  I am assuming most are using the cluster to point and shout and
not watching what they are doing.but that is just an assumption on my

Based on what has already been reported, there are 2000 plus logs
*submitted* with an anticipated 4000. That doesn't count anyone that
participated and won't send in a log. 1% of 4000 (just counting logged
users) is 40. If you factor in all the folks that participated, it would be
even less of a percentage.

As someone one said in a meeting, it's like picking fly sh*t out of pepper -
not worth the effort.

K2DSL - David