Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS

To: VE5ZX <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ETHICS
From: VK4TI <sfs04@westnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:02:14 +0800 (WST)
The problem exists when a knowing vs an unknowing - I would not have an exact
idea what most Pacific islands have as frequency allocations but they vary all
over the shop...I do know that YJ - Vanuatu does not extend 40M beyond 7.100
but I have heard several expeditions operating above that limit..Mainly because
I found out the hard way when I operated as YJ0AX :-)

That said if you are operating within the limits of your licence in the
unknowing event made a contact with a KH6 that was out of band - why does the
grief fall back on you ?

My original post concerned a blantant assistance between operator to another
operator certainly well beyond an accidental frequency transmission..

Trent Sampson
220 Alderley Street
Toowoomba QLD 4350
VK4TI