Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Ethics

To: "'Rick Dougherty NQ4I'" <nq4i@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Ethics
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 06:31:12 -0700
> Hi All...this past weekend in WPX SSB, we worked a KB6 2x3
> call sign on 15m....the qso took place on Friday evening on
> 15m...on Saturday I received an email stating that the KB6
> station had realized that he had worked us and he was outside
> his general class privileges and that he was removing the
> contact from HIS log and suggested that WE DO THE SAME!!!!
> If I did not take his qso out of my log, then he would have
> been a NIL and I would have been penalized even more...anyone
> ever had this before?

Yes, I've had email from stations worked in a contest and I just ignore it,
even if doing so decreases my score.  In your example, if the KB6 had
removed the QSO from his log but not emailed you, then you would have been
subject to whatever NIL deductions were for that contest.  Getting an email
shouldn't change anything.

Ed - W0YK