Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67

To: Stan Stockton <stan@aqity.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:44:49 -0400
Auto Fill both hurt me and hurt a LOT of people I worked.

My home QTH is NH, but in the last 5 years using W1VE, I've operated from
EMA, WMA, VT and this year, NNY.  Almost all the busted Qs from other logs
had EMA, WMA, VT or NH in em.

I rarely use the feature -- and probably won't in the future.  I
always try to copy the call --
but your brain fakes you out when the field on the screen is filled in.

Not as good a feature as one might imagine.

73, Gerry W1VE