Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67

To: "Michael Coslo" <mjc5@psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes -Automatic Fill - 93 or 67
From: w5ov@w5ov.com
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:07:38 -0400 (EDT)
We really have a problem.

This discussion should be taking place in the fall, not in the spring.

Also, the key to understanding the importance of what year you send as
your check is that the actual number does not matter to anyone - not even
to the league. Just pick two numbers and send them for the entire contest.
Before you send any replies re-stating something like "but the rule
says"... please refer to my statement that the actual number does not
matter to anyone so don't bother replying. But, then why does the rule say
that? Again, it does not matter so drop it, please! The check is simply a
number that represents what used to be the word count in a "radiogram"
which is what SS is emulating. Again, the actual number does not matter
and no one verifies that what you send is actually anyone's first year of
anything - guess why? Because *it does not matter*!

Also, we do not need to go to a 4 year check - 3 digits will suffice for
the next 999 years.

73,

Bob W5OV