Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Supplements

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Supplements
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:41:40 -0700
I agree.

I know from long experience (lots of international business trips) that
abruptly messing with my sleep cycles is hard on my body, and I'm
certain that not all of the abuse is benign over the long term.  I enjoy
contesting, but I know my limits and I will never be able to operate 48
hours.

I also agree that regular rigorous exercise helps considerably.  I find
that if I am in a regular jogging routine (say at least five times a
week for 30 minutes or more at a level that leaves me gasping at the
end), my typical sleep requirements decrease by as much as 1.5 hours per
day, and I recover faster if I get less sleep than usual.

73,
Dave   AB7E