[CQ-Contest] Adding challenges to Field Day

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Adding challenges to Field Day
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:09:48 -0400
>if you ask me, "contest like" 1D's ruin the fun.

I disagree.

On Field Day, like in other contests, some newbies are bashful about calling
CQ and would rather answer CQs. 1D stations can give them that opportunity
to jump in and get wet.

Some Field Day stations are too weak to call CQ effectively and can make
QSOs only by answering CQs, whoever calls the CQ.

If a 1D station inadvertently calls another 1D station, well, them's the
breaks.

Take it from one whose home station is challenged by being in an apartment
where antennas are "illegal": we live for hearing CQs from others; it's what
keeps us in the chair.

Jim Cain, K1TN
At the K1TN Superstation