Re: [CQ-Contest] adding challenges to field day

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] adding challenges to field day
From: "Jon" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:11:32 -0400
1D?

All you need is a good deep cycle battery or two to have fun for FD, even
from home.

I did the battery QRP thing for several years  but with very good antennas
(yagis, bobtails, and full wave loop) from my dock and had fun.  But now
that I have sold the cruiser and the AC with it, I'll stay out on the
balcony with a cup of coffee, my Yaesu FT-817,  and my batteries.  If you
ground the brown wire on the FT-857D power connector, it runs very well at
25 watts on batteries.

CU from Casey Key Island where the onshore wind keeps the critters away.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida

"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"