Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

To: KI9A@aol.com, hank.k8dd@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:19:24 EDT
We in our no-monetary-prize environment are not alone.

In the world of tournament bridge - another no-prize-money competition -
last year it was deemed necessary to prohibit not only the use of, but also
possession of, cell phones and the like in or near the playing areas.  The
chance of an unethical competitor passing unauthorized information to a
friend  or teammate was considered too high.

In a recent national tournament in Washington DC, a team was penalized for
a violation (probably inadvertent) of this, for which the penalty (think 5
mults in radio terms) was more than their final margin of defeat.

Stamp collectors need to be very concerned about cheating - as in fraud,
forgeries, etc.

73  -   Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 8/14/2009 8:14:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,