[CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:40:21 +0000 (GMT)
Recently, there has been some comment (privately and otherwise) about USA guys
being
"out of the band" on 40 SSB.  Namely, how close to 7125 can you get, not the
"ooops"
type of split event where you end up using the "wrong" VFO.

Call me stupid (nevermind, that's been done before), but why are we still using
LSB on 40m?

If we would all agree to use USB on 40 SSB, then we could snuggle up against
the bottom
edge.  Yes, this would cause the "reverse" problem at the top end, but really,
who is trying
to run guys from up there?  For most of us, our antennas aren't that broad any
way.

In theory (or on paper, if you prefer), this would allow us to fit stations in
(well, maybe 2 more)
in the valuable "lower half" of the phone band.  And just think...one less item
to complain about.

Using USB on 40...wow...talk about extreme "out of the box" thinking.  I wonder
if that would
qualify for the XTREME category in CQWW?

de Doug KR2Q

PS...this is actually a REAL suggestion.