Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m "new" approach to staying in the band?
From: k1mk@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:22:48 +0000 (GMT)
> If we would all agree to use USB on 40 SSB, then we could
> snuggle up against the bottom edge. Yes, this would cause the
> "reverse" problem at the top  end, but really, who is trying
> to run guys from up there?

Who is trying to run guys from "up there?"

Duh... how about  everyone outside of Region 2, where the top of their limited
40m band is 7200 kHz.

The US is pretty much the only country for which the "bottom of the band"
causes problems on sideband. For most of the world,  sideband operation
presents a "top of the band" problem, and that problem is exacerbated by the
use of USB on 20m & 15m. Obviously that means we should shift  all to all LSB
:-)

TANSTAAFL

73,
Mike K1MK