Re: [CQ-Contest] How unethical is this?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How unethical is this?
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:13:56 -0800
K3KU writes:

> We're talking about maybe 5 QSOs in a log that will be lucky to get
> 300.  Of course, your opinion should NOT be influenced by the
> closeness of the PVRC-NCCC SS competition going into the SSB weekend,
> and any thought that I might give them a PVRC roster.  :>)

Encouraging activity is a good thing.  Encouraging them to work people is
a great thing.  I think that is the key.  If these people all ended up
working the same six club members, then it would start looking a lot like
some of the logs we get for the IARU contest - that all have 12 QSOs, with
the same HQ station in each band/mode for the contest.  Smells poor as
WB6VFJ used to say.

I would say having an activity hour for the club is fine - but I would
encourage everyone to make some other QSOs if they are able.

Tree