Re: [CQ-Contest] How unethical is this?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How unethical is this?
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:56:27 -0600
* Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com> [2009 Nov 13 14:31 -0600]:
> Hi Art
>
> Great idea to get everyone fired up for the contest!  Why not just enter as
> a multi-op, and let each of them make as many QSO's as they wish?  That way,
> even if their station are not in 100% operational condition, they will still
> get on.

Tom beat me to it.  Back in the mid '90s a friend and I gathered a lot
of interest in the club and local ham community by doing multi-op
efforts in SS, CQ WW, and IARU HF Championship.  We never tackled ARRL
DX or WPX that I recall.  These were all the SSB 'tests and we had
loads of fun.  We had folk who helped with his station construction and
others who were happy to be observers.

Go ahead and do it!  You'll have much fun and with gentle teaching and
coaching they'll have a rewarding experience.

73, de Nate >>