Re: [WriteLog] K1EL Winkeyer USB Problems

To: jmaass@k8nd.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K1EL Winkeyer USB Problems
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:22:04 -0800
jmaass@k8nd.com wrote:

 Winkeyer is recognized by Wiindows as a "USB Serial Port" when plugged in.
>  Yes, the correct port is slected for each (COM3 in this case).  This is

Am I correct in concluding that the so-called USB Winkey is actually
nothing more than a serial Winkey combined with a serial to USB converter,
with all its associated problems?  I don't see how this is any advantage
at all over using a plain serial Winkey and a serial to USB dongle,
except maybe less clutter.

IMHO, what we really need is a true USB Winkey interface.

Rick N6RK