Re: [CQ-Contest] MMSN and keeping 14.300 clear

To: "Gerry Lynch" <director@allianceparty.org>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MMSN and keeping 14.300 clear
From: "John" <shore1@xplornet.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:59:28 -0800
Gerry that is HORSE-Hockey...... the world does not revolve around letting a
few convert our bands into a commercial QRU net .... There are proper and
legal hf frequencies designated by each local communications outlet (IE: DOT
or Coast Guard) for this purpose, and yes there is a need for emergency nets
but not like what they DEMAND here, and there are ooddles of frequencies
available to them for MARINE communications with a proper HF MARINE LICENCE
yet they insist that 14.300 (which I might add is a ham radio frequency for
OUR HOBBY) let me say this again .... (OUR HOBBY).......is an exclusive to
them frequency, and this is not allowed in the FCC rules nor is it in most
any others I have read to date. If they want an exclusive frequency, I know
of many in the HF Marine Bands that FCC and most other government entities
will licence to all those folks without question for that purpose. So why
waste a valuable resource on this kind of borderline commercial
operation???? There is coast guard stations nearest to you for this very
purpose.... to save lives and property at sea..... do you wish for 3
channels of 20m... say 14.200, 14.231 and say 14.235 @ 2.6Khz width for all
allocated types of communication as our ham band? I thought not. This is
exactly what we will wind up with if you and others with this kinds of
thoughts and ideas allow this sort of operations to continue to invade our
HOBBY.

very 73 and best dx
de John
VE7JZ