Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:46:39 -0600
Mario, I merely used it as an example.

The scores are unfair across the board, to Europeans as well. South
Pacific and Asia are even further disadvantaged.

That's why I suggest it's time to "review" the status quo.

Arguments such as W1MD are ludicrous, just because something IS doesn't
mean it is best or should remain so.

David ~ KY1V

KY1V wrote: Think how much fun it would be next year if instead of
logging
PJ2T 6Y1V and V47NT, you
instead log PJ2T, PJ2V and PJ2NT.

Dave, your view seems to be limited to USA & Carribean!  Last CQ WW CW
weekend I did NOT log any XE, KH6 or KL7 on any of 6 bands.  Lot of low
power Carribean stations appear in the scores and they only work USA.  I
put
bunch of 3-pointers CT3 and EA8 in the log.  EU is fun on low bands but
USA
is better DX location.  Dull it isn't!

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU