Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:17:55 -0500
On 2/13/2010 John Geiger wrote:

...snip...
> I guess if you are reading this at the public library, you could
> contest, run to the library real fast, enter all of the data, and
> send it within the 10 minute time frame.  Not only do you get to
> contest-you get to run wind sprints as well!

> 73s JOhn AA5JG

Let's face it - it ends the issue of massaged logs.  It doesn't give the league
the issue of trying to deal with paper logs (costs $$), and it's a new contest
where they don't have an entrenched base of existing participants  saying "But
I've never done it that way, so I'm not going to play"

I would guess that this is an experiment, where they really are not going to
tick of the long time big gun contester.  I expect that is we see this work for
a year or two, it'll spread first to some other contest, and if that works,
spread to another, and another.

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!