Re: [CQ-Contest] USA stations in ARRL DX

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] USA stations in ARRL DX
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:05:01 -0500
I'm a new guy (less then 2 years operating HF) and for me, I'd just work
them. It's no different to me then working a dup. I get no points in the log
but I worked them and move on.

I also don't see this as bad operating at all. I see this as operating.
Granted, if they don't send me an exchange and I ask for a repeat and they
don't send it they would be NIL but otherwise I would log them. Not that NJ
is a rare state but if someone needed NJ on a specific band/mode I was
operating why wouldn't I want to make the contact?

So lets say you wanted to log TX4T because you didn't have that DXCC. Would
you not consider making a contact with them during the contest even though
it was 0 points for both of you? I imagine most folks that indicate they
would ignore or brush off the 0 point station would think twice about it if
it was a DX entity they needed.

Maybe I think this way because making the contact for me is still the
exciting part?

K2DSL - David