Re: [CQ-Contest] USA stations in ARRL DX

To: Albert Crespo <f5vhj@orange.fr>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] USA stations in ARRL DX
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:14:43 -0600
While I can understand Albert's sentiment, dismissing everybody who
doesn't understand the contest, many of whom are well-intentioned,
thinking they're giving points to someone, as lids seems bitter and
cranky.

Better, in my view, is to, as soon as you realize your CQing error, is
just work the first same-country guy and then edit your CQing macro to
add DX to the CQ. Chances are good that the guy that just worked you
will hear and realize his "mistake".

Attitudes like Albert's will only harm the hobby of radiosport in the
long term. Very few casual ops on during contests know or even care
what contest is on, let alone know who they should and should not
work. What they will know, however, is that some rude, cranky lid blew
them off.

73,
Kelly
Ve4xt