Re: [CQ-Contest] SWL QSL cards

To: "wa5zup" <wa5zup@msn.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SWL QSL cards
From: "Edward Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:54:31 -0500
Hi John,

SHAME ON YOU for simply tossing away those SWL cards like that...!
Seriously!!!

Did you ever consider the fact that such actions could very well have
"turned-off" more than one budding wannabe Ham...? Not replying to a SWL
card is unkind turn-off, IMHO---and heaven knows Ham radio needs all the new
blood that it can muster if outr hobby is going to last a generation beyond
our own.

I personally make it a point to answer each & every such card that I can,
even adding words on the back of same to the effect of, "I hope we might
make it a true TWO-WAY confirmation some day soon".

It doesn't cost much to be a goodwill Amateur radio ambassador this way, and
the results could well be rewarding for all parties concerned, IMHO!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ